Judiciary History Center with the Friends of the Judiciary History Center
Victoria Nalani Kneubuhl
Aliiolani Hale when built in 1874, surpassed all buildings in Honolulu for its grace and grandeur. Named for Kamehameha V, it symbolized the coming of age of a small nation and enabled the government of the Kingdom of Hawaii to centralize the legislature, judiciary, cabinet offices, government musuem, and library under one roof. Witnessing over a century of social and political change, Aliiolani Hale continues to faithfully serve the people of Hawaii.